Welcome to the Oswegoland Park District’s Innovation Lab! Your ideas, comments, and feedback are encouraged! All ideas are welcomed, big and small! If your idea is related to pay and/or benefits, it will be addressed to Human Resources.
How to Submit your Idea
- Select "+Add a new one"
- Fill out the form
Under Review: All ideas will be labeled “under review” until a decision is made. It will be reviewed no later than 90 days after posting. Each idea is rated based on:
- Feasible – How feasible is this idea to implement?
- Effective – Will the idea have a clear outcome/impact to show effectiveness?
- Values – How well does the idea align with our Values of integrity, collaboration, and innovation?
- Strategic Themes – How does the idea serve our Strategic Themes of Land & Facilities, Fiscal Awareness, Customer Experience, and Employee Engagement?
- Selected: Congratulations! Your idea is leaving the lab and being put into practice! You will be receiving an ATOM (Adding to Our Mission) award. The Values Team will work with the appropriate departments to identify project leader(s) to implement.
- Not Selected: Unfortunately, some ideas are not selected. If we do not select an idea, you will receive a notice in the Innovation Lab with an explanation of the team’s decision.
- Big Ticket: If your idea has merit and may incur additional expenses, it will be tagged as a Big Ticket item. We will collect more information about the scope and scale of information.
If you have any questions, you can contact the Values Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1010 is what phone number the community knows us by. Wouldn't be great if we could create an internal holiday on October 10 of every year celebrating us...OPD employees? Ideas could include a picnic in the park, a potluck, celebrate with t-shirts, a parade, flag football game, bonfire, hold a triathlon, support one of our OPD athletic events by attending a game, pick a charity to donate to, volunteer, attend one of the Cubs playoff game, etc. The ideas are endless.
When I was in college they would bring in therapy dogs during stressful times of the year (finals, midterms, etc). I was thinking we could do a similar thing and bring in some therapy dogs during various times during the year.
It could be a short thing or have a time frame where staff could drop in to play with some dogs for a little bit.
Not sure if we could have it in one of our buildings or if it would have to be outside.
This will bring attention to different programs throughout the Park District. Each Department/Program can design & paint their own picnic table and it be placed throughout the parks in the spring/summer. Contest for each area to design the most creative.
Similar to the ones that were done at Prairie Fest this year, or the "Cows on Parade" from Chicago years ago.
It would be awesome to be able to complete a smart sheet similar to how we already do marketing or website request for any IT related issues or concerns. Scott isn't here everyday, so it might also be nice for him to be able to prioritize tasks, get them on his calendar and mark off things that are completed. I'm not 100% sure of how the smartsheet works, but it seems like a nice way to get things organized for all.
Attending the catalog meeting we signed in on paper, got me thinking about an electronic solution.
Just one of many that came up during a quick search - https://signinsheets.org/
Work with Next Generation to create an online store for staff to order branded apparel, accessories, etc. Departments currently do this individually, and some departments not at all. A district wide approach and opportunity to everyone would be beneficial. Not mandatory or "uniforms" but an opportunity for staff to purchase Oswegoland logo-ed apparel.
I'm new to the park district, so I'm not sure if we have something like this. Do we have an employee intranet type page that is like a one stop shop for employees to get information? Access is only for employees. Information would consist of emp. benefit summaries, forms, how to's for Springbrook access, links to web pages that are important (Innovation Lab), volunteer opportunities, parties and events, etc.
Customer support service by UserEcho