Welcome to the Oswegoland Park District’s Innovation Lab! Your ideas, comments, and feedback are encouraged! All ideas are welcomed, big and small! If your idea is related to pay and/or benefits, it will be addressed to Human Resources.
How to Submit your Idea
- Select "+Add a new one"
- Fill out the form
Under Review: All ideas will be labeled “under review” until a decision is made. It will be reviewed no later than 90 days after posting. Each idea is rated based on:
- Feasible – How feasible is this idea to implement?
- Effective – Will the idea have a clear outcome/impact to show effectiveness?
- Values – How well does the idea align with our Values of integrity, collaboration, and innovation?
- Strategic Themes – How does the idea serve our Strategic Themes of Land & Facilities, Fiscal Awareness, Customer Experience, and Employee Engagement?
- Selected: Congratulations! Your idea is leaving the lab and being put into practice! You will be receiving an ATOM (Adding to Our Mission) award. The Values Team will work with the appropriate departments to identify project leader(s) to implement.
- Not Selected: Unfortunately, some ideas are not selected. If we do not select an idea, you will receive a notice in the Innovation Lab with an explanation of the team’s decision.
- Big Ticket: If your idea has merit and may incur additional expenses, it will be tagged as a Big Ticket item. We will collect more information about the scope and scale of information.
If you have any questions, you can contact the Values Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When I was in college they would bring in therapy dogs during stressful times of the year (finals, midterms, etc). I was thinking we could do a similar thing and bring in some therapy dogs during various times during the year.
It could be a short thing or have a time frame where staff could drop in to play with some dogs for a little bit.
Not sure if we could have it in one of our buildings or if it would have to be outside.
Attending the catalog meeting we signed in on paper, got me thinking about an electronic solution.
Just one of many that came up during a quick search - https://signinsheets.org/
Work with Next Generation to create an online store for staff to order branded apparel, accessories, etc. Departments currently do this individually, and some departments not at all. A district wide approach and opportunity to everyone would be beneficial. Not mandatory or "uniforms" but an opportunity for staff to purchase Oswegoland logo-ed apparel.
I'm new to the park district, so I'm not sure if we have something like this. Do we have an employee intranet type page that is like a one stop shop for employees to get information? Access is only for employees. Information would consist of emp. benefit summaries, forms, how to's for Springbrook access, links to web pages that are important (Innovation Lab), volunteer opportunities, parties and events, etc.
In today's mobile digital environment it would be helpful to be able to access files and directories from a variety of online devices and locations. When weather causes issues or employees are on the road or traveling, to be able to securely access information could be of great benefit
The Safety Council is seeking your input! As an employee, what sort of incentives/perks would motivate you to keep safety in the forefront of your mind? We would love to hear your ideas!
It would be helpful if the new hire paperwork folder in the pdrive could be organized differently. It's great that it's all in one place, but it would be easier to sort through if it was labeled or numbered in order, or separated into certain folders. Maybe even adding some short guidelines or reminders for certain forms as well.
Customer support service by UserEcho