Welcome to the Oswegoland Park District’s Innovation Lab! Your ideas, comments, and feedback are encouraged! All ideas are welcomed, big and small! If your idea is related to pay and/or benefits, it will be addressed to Human Resources.
How to Submit your Idea
- Select "+Add a new one"
- Fill out the form
Under Review: All ideas will be labeled “under review” until a decision is made. It will be reviewed no later than 90 days after posting. Each idea is rated based on:
- Feasible – How feasible is this idea to implement?
- Effective – Will the idea have a clear outcome/impact to show effectiveness?
- Values – How well does the idea align with our Values of integrity, collaboration, and innovation?
- Strategic Themes – How does the idea serve our Strategic Themes of Land & Facilities, Fiscal Awareness, Customer Experience, and Employee Engagement?
- Selected: Congratulations! Your idea is leaving the lab and being put into practice! You will be receiving an ATOM (Adding to Our Mission) award. The Values Team will work with the appropriate departments to identify project leader(s) to implement.
- Not Selected: Unfortunately, some ideas are not selected. If we do not select an idea, you will receive a notice in the Innovation Lab with an explanation of the team’s decision.
- Big Ticket: If your idea has merit and may incur additional expenses, it will be tagged as a Big Ticket item. We will collect more information about the scope and scale of information.
If you have any questions, you can contact the Values Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1010 is what phone number the community knows us by. Wouldn't be great if we could create an internal holiday on October 10 of every year celebrating us...OPD employees? Ideas could include a picnic in the park, a potluck, celebrate with t-shirts, a parade, flag football game, bonfire, hold a triathlon, support one of our OPD athletic events by attending a game, pick a charity to donate to, volunteer, attend one of the Cubs playoff game, etc. The ideas are endless.
This will bring attention to different programs throughout the Park District. Each Department/Program can design & paint their own picnic table and it be placed throughout the parks in the spring/summer. Contest for each area to design the most creative.
Similar to the ones that were done at Prairie Fest this year, or the "Cows on Parade" from Chicago years ago.
I was at an IPRA meeting yesterday where we were discussing different ideas for marketing. One agency mentioned that they have a method of following up when they receive positive feedback via email or on social media. They shoot back a quick message to thank them, ask if they can use the quote for promotional purposes, and how they would like their name to be listed. This allowed them to be anonymous, represent their entire family, or just be "Cori V." It was cool to see their examples calling out specific instructors or classes.
We know that people have great things to say about our programs, events, and customer service, so let's capture that and share with Marketing. We are brag-worthy, and it is great when we can let our patrons help tell our story!
Let's create entertainment for PrairieFest by offering programming in the Winter/Spring that teaches people how to be part of a circus act. Different departments could run classes or camps to instruct certain skills that could be showcased Father's Day Weekend. For example, Limelight could teach clowning. We could teach juggling or stilt walking. Gymnastics could do tumbling. Varied interest sewing classes could make costume pieces. We could have acts featuring performers of all ages!
Have KC sites, preschool classes, OPD staff, & general public collect used crayons. We can also partner with local restaurants to collect their "used" crayons. Crayons are then donated to one these recycled crayons programs.
Super Crayons: https://www.scarce.org/super-crayons/
Crazy Crayona: https://crazycrayons.com/
The Crayon Initiaitive: https://thecrayoninitiative.org/collect/
Thanks, Tina! Please keep us posted on any feedback from the Environmental Committee!
Customer support service by UserEcho